Mustard Tree is a Greater Manchester based charity who work to combat poverty and homelessness in the local area. They work to create opportunities for people to help themselves through providing practical support, friendship, connections into work, improvements to health and wellbeing plus new experiences to encourage aspiration.
Mustard Tree has developed a set of values that underpin all we do and how they work:
- Belief in people – Empowering people and communities to empower themselves
- Dignity for all – Culture of kindness, respect and compassion where everyone is welcome
- Opportunity – Progress and development is at the heart of everything we do
- Diversity – Embracing the differences and valuing the contribution of all
- Partnership – Working together to build strong relationships based on mutual trust
Named by its founder, Dave Smith, who was inspired by one of the parables told by Jesus, “The kingdom of heaven is like a grain of mustard seed which a man took and sowed in his field; it is the smallest of all seeds, but when it has grown it is the greatest of shrubs and becomes a tree, so that the birds of the air come and make nests in its branches.”
They adopt a non-judgmental approach and treat all who come as equally valuable, regardless of race, faith, sexuality, gender or social standing.
Our Christmas donation drive aims to make a tough time of year a little easier & warmer and our team and coworking customers have been donating throughout December to support Mustard Tree’s efforts this holiday season. Festive food, tinned goods, warm clothes, Christmas gifts and other essentials have been donated across all of our Manchester sites and we hope our efforts can make Christmas a little brighter for those in need!
Happy Holidays everyone!